Steady As We Go

• • •

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

One Year.



So we recently Celebrated our first year of marriage. Derek planned a Lynchburg Get-a-way for us and it was such a great surprise. We have both been soo busy, I thought he didn't have time to plan anything. But I was wrong and he booked us a room at the Craddock Terry Hotel, in downtown Lynchburg. (At its peak, the Craddock-Terry Shoe Corporation was the fifth largest shoe company in the world. more about history of hotel) I love this hotel and what they have done with it. They have brought the outside in and have made each room so relaxing. I never wanted to get out of my bed. I wanted to steal every single pillow! I honestly slept with about 6 pillows every night and Derek had one. Oops! We got to stay there two nights and just focus on one another and relax. We got to eat at some of our favorite restaurants that were both in walking distance from our hotel; Waterstone and Bull Branch. It was such a great weekend and I loved that we didn't have to travel far! On Sunday (7/26) we picked up Olive from Janette's house (where she stayed the weekend) and we went on a picnic and a walk on the Blackwater Creek Trail.



I couldn't have asked for a better One Yr Anniversary. A big thanks to my wonderful husband, Derek. Thanks for planning such a great, relaxing, fun weekend. I LOVE YOU.


The wooden shoe box your breakfast comes in!

No comments: