Steady As We Go

• • •

Friday, August 20, 2010

Feature Friday: Janette Marin

I am so very very very pleased and excited to announce todays feature friday!
the beautiful and talented, Janette Marin [her website]


she is a fabulous singer from lynchburg, va (via lighthouse point, florida) 
she is one of the bestest friends, this girl could ask for.
she is kind, loving, generous, compassionate and
she has one of the biggest hearts i know.
shes absolutely beautiful inside and out.

so please enjoy getting to know her a little bit more, through some random, fun questions i asked her.
and dont forget to buy her cd. [listen here]

[buy it] 

so here it goes...

Lauren:  if you found the above challenging...describe yourself in 5 words!  

Janette:  these make me nervous, you describe me in 5 words best friend :)

Lauren: When did you start singing? 

Janette: Since I can remember. My mom tells me that when I was a baby, she could hear me humming in my crib through the monitor.  

Lauren: Have you always had a love for music?
Janette: Yes, I have always loved music. It has baffled me in the most beautiful ways; I love the limitless possibilities.
Lauren: Favorite Band (right now)?
Janette: I recently bought Audrey Assad's new cd and have been listening to it constantly.
Lauren: Favorite Song (right now)?
Janette: Tough one...depends on the mood I'm in but I do believe a song can immediately alter that.

Lauren: Most influential person in your life?
Janette: Christ. Without Him, I am nothing.

Lauren: Do you have any other passions besides music?
Janette: I love writing, not just songs, but anything that interests me, I am also very passionate about anti-trafficking and Freedom 4-24, which is what Free Them is about. I also like to cook, love animals, and love people.

Lauren: Whats your favorite Dessert?
Janette:  Love key lime pie or something with cinnamon

Lauren: What is your favorite recipe to make?
Janette:  Probably abc bread, my twist on mom's banana bread recipe that adds Apple and cinnamon to the mix. I like making it because people love it, and its the most fun when I get to cook for others.

Lauren: Favorite go to drink?
Janette: I'm a water person, love it, but if it has to be something else, maybe crystal light antioxidant pomegranite mix.

Lauren: How did you come up with the title SURRENDER for your CD?
Janette:  The title "Surrender" comes from the chorus of "Redemption Falls" which is such a powerful truth from His Word.

Lauren: What is your favorite song on the CD?
Janette:  Each song is very meaningful to me and my walk and time with the Lord. They each are my heart in the form of a song.

Lauren: How would you describe the process of putting together your first CD?
Janette:  It was such fun! Being in the studio with such talented guys that I have the privilege of serving with on Sunday mornings at Brentwood was just awesome. We had a lot of fun just doing what we love to do - making music.

Lauren:  If you could give young girls one piece of advice today, what would it be?
Janette:  Embrace brokenness, letting the Lord heal. Nothing in this world can heal or give you more than temporary satisfaction or power...only God can truly heal, He can use that weakness and turn it to strength, and He can shine through the cracks, making what you see as a mess, a beautiful image of redemption!
Lauren:We’ve all got them; role models. Give us one or two of yours and tell us why you look up to them! 
Janette: Carmen Marin, my mom, she is the most selfless woman I know. She is a prayer warrior with such strong faith in Christ. She is always there for her children, family, and friends as she has such a big heart for others. Along with these qualities, she is strong, beautiful, loyal, loving, generous, kind, and such a great role model.

Lauren: How has God blessed you this week?
Janette: God has blessed me with such wonderful people to go through life with. My family and closest friends are just all such incredible people with lives dedicated to serving Christ and others, and God uses them in my life as well. Just the other day, my best friend, also the love of my life, was just so led to call me and say the kindest words at the exact moment where I was feeling a bit down on myself. God uses people in each little moment of our days and I'm so thankful for that.


extra goodies:
myspace: http://www.myspace.com/janettemarin
twitter: http://twitter.com/jjcmarin

No comments: