Steady As We Go

• • •

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Hello Old Age.

So I didnt think old age would be hitting me this soon. I mean Im only turning 25 and I was quite excited about it. In my perfect world I would be 25 forever. Well, then came the harsh reality that was sooo unexpected. I was just going in for a routine eye-exam so I could get myself some contacts and low and behold she put me in bifocals! I think I gasped out loud when she mentioned this...

ok ok so 25 isnt old (im just being dramatic) and i dont need to be freaking out about old age just yet, but i did think bifocals were for the elderly. anyways all in all it's suppose to help me see more clearly. as i have trouble seeing my computer screen, tv, signs, etc. she mentioned more than once this is not what they were meant for but she has been using them for it and seems to be working, so heck i guess ill give it a try too.

we'll see because ill be back in the dr. office in two weeks for the verdict.

did i mentioned how dumb the eye dr. makes me feel.
i mean all the questions; one ore two, two or three, four or five
then making me read the smallest line (did i mention im blind without help)...im sure they are laughing at me on the inside as I say C for what is really an O or B for what is really an S.

oh, how humbling it is to go to the eye dr. (sigh)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm always afraid that they'll be like "2 or 3?" and I'll say "2."- then they'll do the exact same thing, except for this time, I say "3."- that's my fear, lol, that they'll be like "she's a liar!" hahaha