I thought I would post my MOH speech up here for
those of you who missed it or just wanted to read it again.
So here it is...
those of you who missed it or just wanted to read it again.
So here it is...

Blake, today I was truly honored to have been able to stand by your side as you said “I do” to Weston; your best friend and now husband. I am so happy for the two of you, as today marks the day of the rest of your lives together as husband and wife. What a blessing to have been able to marry your best of 12 years.
When thinking through the years of knowing Weston one thing that really comes to mind is how he never failed to mention to me or my parents or whoever was in the room that him and Blake were getting married. She would respond with an eye roll, but today Weston she responded with an “I do” and sealed it with a kiss.
People often ask me what being a twin is like. Well being your twin is one of the greatest joys and blessings I get to experience every day. I admire you in so many ways; you are such a strong beautiful individual. You are always there to listen to me, offer up advice, encourage and inspire me…and you do those things daily! (Thank you) You’ve been through a lot, we’ve been through a lot and I am so thankful we never had to go through any of it alone. You now have Weston to go through life’s ups and downs with, but I will still always be here no matter how far the miles. I am only a phone call or email away. Which brings me to my little piece of insight I have for Weston or maybe its more of a heads-up!
We will talk everyday, whether it be on the phone or through texting or emails- we will talk everyday. So if you happen to look over in bed and see her on her phone she is probably texting me. What can I say I cannot go through the day without venting to her, asking her for advice, and sharing my day with her. I think Derek has now gotten used to the fact that being married to a twin means even if thousands of miles separate us we are still attached at the hip–just with our phones!
Weston you are one lucky guy.
Take care of her – because she means the world to me. Keep her happy and make her laugh. Love her, always and forever. Enjoy the good and the bad, and be happy that you two will always have each other close by.
I am ecstatic for both of you. You truly complement one another. You met as friends and it evolved into a love that so many people rarely find today.
So I would like to make a toast to the beautiful bride and her handsome groom. May your days be filled with laughter and poured over in love.

4 comments:
SO sweet!
So so sweet!
"Weston you are one lucky guy.
Take care of her – because she means the world to me. Keep her happy and make her laugh. Love her, always and forever. Enjoy the good and the bad, and be happy that you two will always have each other close by."
this is when i teared up when you gave the speech.. and okay, just again when i re-read the speech!
love you guys :)
thank you for the best speech ever!
Post a Comment